Terms & Conditions
These are terms and conditions of rental for The Granary self-catering property
- to be read before completing our Printable Booking Form
- To make a booking, please telephone the owner on 01697371524 or mobile 07890020016 to check availability. Your booking can be held provisionally for 7 days, giving you time to complete the printable booking form and send it with your deposit to the owner’s address.
- The price quoted is for 7 nights accommodation from the changeover date. Included in the price is gas, electricity and bed linen.
- A deposit of one third of the weekly rental payable is required to confirm your booking. The balance must be paid at least 6 weeks before the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of balance monies when due will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit. If booking less than 6 weeks before the commencement of the holiday, payment must be made in full.
- The Hirer is responsible for the property and must pay a security bond of £70.00 which will be returned within 2 weeks, provided the property is left as it was found. Please report any damage to the owner as soon as possible before you leave so that it may be fixed prior to the next guests coming in. A high standard of cleanliness is aimed at in the cottage and visitors are asked to treat the cottage with respect and leave it in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. A charge will be deducted from the security bond if the cottage is left in a dirty condition upon the Hirer’s departure.
- Your booking fee is non-refundable. If the cancellation is within 6 weeks the full amount will be retained.
- The cottage is available to you from 4.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure to facilitate thorough cleaning/preparation for incoming guests. The key is in a key-safe on the outside of the door. The code will be made available on payment of balance.
- Car parking is available off-road for one car.
- The success of your holiday is important to the owner. It is hoped that you find everything to your satisfaction but should you have any complaints please do discuss with the owner immediately in order that the matter may be resolved.
- Pets are most welcome, by prior arrangement, at an extra cost of £15.00 per pet per week---maximum 2 pets.
- Your pet is very welcome but there are house rules. Your pet must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. Pets must not be allowed on furniture or beds. You must also clean up after your pet(s) inside and outside. Out of respect for incoming guests, there must be no evidence your pet has been at the property when you depart - e.g. hairs, mud.
- The cottage is strictly a non-smoking establishment. Also, for safety reasons, candles are prohibited. Of course, visitors may choose to smoke on the patio outside.
- The total number of people on the booking form must not be exceeded. The owner reserves the right to terminate Hire immediately without refund if numbers are exceeded.
- If for any reason the property becomes unavailable you will be informed immediately and all monies will be refunded-----it is hoped this should never be necessary.
- No discounts/refunds will be made for loss of electricity or mechanical failure or loss of water supply beyond the owner’s control. The owner would in such event endeavour to have such failures corrected /overcome as soon as possible.
- The owner is unable to accept liability for injuries to any member of the party, or for loss, damage or theft to visitor’s property.